Tuesday 22 May 2012

OUGD401// END OF MODULE EVALUATION:

EVALUATION:
1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?I feel this is probably the module I have learnt the most in.  I now have a wide range of knowledge on graphic designers that I never had before.  I've learnt about movements and topics in seminars and lectures that I knew very little about before now.  I feel my knowledge in terms of theory and graphic design has improved drastically and can know talk confidently about some of the things that I have learnt this year.    I think this module has enabled me to become more consistent on Blogger, having to do blog tasks weekly about designers/visual communication/ aesthetics.  I also think I can reflect on myself as a designer better after having done this module, I have a clearer understanding of what I find aesthetically pleasing, what designers I like and historical contexts of art movements such as Bauhaus.  I also think, to some extent, I have researched content and turned it into something visual with the publication.  Another skill I feel I have developed slightly further is presentation skills after having to pitch your idea to half the class.
2. What approaches to/ methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?I have developed skills such as researching and developing ideas, turning these ideas into visual designs.  In this module we have learnt new techniques about critiquing with Jo.  I feel like I now have a better understanding of what a publication is and have made a basic one myself.  I feel generally this module has been strong in helping gain lots of knowledge about Graphic Design.3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?I think this module has allowed me to blog quite successfully, I managed to keep on top of most of the blogging tasks, I enjoyed evaluating things about what I like and designers etc.  I think you can see a clear improvement on the theoretical side of learning and practice just because of the amount of things I've learnt throughout this module.  I think because of the publication brief my layout skills have improved and I have more of an idea about colour and composition in relation to that.



4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?I feel like there are quite a few things to reflect on in terms of what I could do better next time.  Something thats happened quite a few times that really effects my end work product is the time I take to come up with an idea or how many times I change the idea, this just gives me less time to focus on the design aspect. I felt like this happened in the publication brief.  It took me a while to come up with a concept and when I did I changed it several times because I was unsure about it.  Although this is good for development work and broadens my knowledge due to the amount of research I do it does make it harder to come up with a final design that I'm completely happy with.  I feel like my final publication could of been a lot better if I gave myself more time to focus on the designing.  Time management is a massive weakness of mine, especially during the end of this module when we had to juggle two other modules with it. I need to know what to prioritise first and how to use my time effectively this is why both my publication and my essay were not as good as they should of been.
5. Identify 5 things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
-Give myself enough time to develop in terms of designing
-Do not leave printing till the last minute-be prepared and book in advance

-use the crits to help me
-underestimate how much time tasks will take
-do work set and extra


6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
Attendance: 3
Punctuality: 4
Motivation: 4
Commitment: 3
Quantity of work produced: 3
Quality of work produced: 3
Contribution to the group: 4





No comments:

Post a Comment