- Be suspicious when restaurant menus are in English.
- Be open to informal chats with your neighbors when having a drink in cafés.
- Look for restaurants with young and mix-cultured chefs (i.e. Kei in the 1st or La Contre-Allée in the 14th)
- Spend an afternoon at La Gaité Lyrique (3rd), the newly opened digital art place.
- Organise an aperitif/lunch in your nearest public park, i.e. Champ de Mars, Tuileries… Just get some saucisson, red wine, a wide range of different cheeses and fresh baguettes
- Try cafés nearby rue Montorgueil or around the Jardin du Luxembourg.
- On a Sunday morning, go for a local food watching in one of the numerous open-air food markets.
- Visit Palais de Tokyo, the Arty Contemporary Art Museum with the hippest crowd.
- Spend some time at the oldest Roman remains, the Arènes de Lutèce (5th), then walk on Rue Mouffetard down to Saint-Médard Parish.