How has the iconic design of the Underground contributed to London's success as a major world city?
- first ever underground system
- transport around capital became easier
- development of the design
- impact of war
- people can travel more easily therefore spend money in more places
- chosen means of transport for Londoners
- over £___million turnover a year
- quick, safe, comfortable way for people to travel
- Mayor has influence over London transport
The Tube - a journey of design
outside the station - station name and roundel - inside station - ticket machines - escalators and lifts - platforms - trains.