Monday 19 March 2012

DESIGN CONTEXT // 10 PIECES OF SOURCE MATERIAL OUGD401

10 PIECES OF SOURCE MATERIAL//PREP TASK:

CONTEXT OF PRACTICE:TASK FOUR//GRAPHIC DESIGNERS//OUGD401:

ONE: SPEED DATING//JEAN MOSAMBI
I chose this because this task, I found, really helpful discovering new designers, you got to look at peoples favourite designers and share and explore other peoples tastes, it made me discover a designer I really like:
JEAN  MOSAMBI:
I really like the design of these, there simple but I think they work well, love the look of the stock and the colours used.

TWO:LECTURE//ALFRED HITCHCOCK
I really enjoyed the lecture on Alfred Hitchcock, and his innovative and exciting film techniques, I also so studied him at A Level, so I know about his filming style and techniques, I also find some of the film posters visually appealing:
THREE: MANIFESTO TASK
I came across some interesting and inspiring manifesto's when doing the task.  I like how simple but effective they are, it can really make you think about your life, values, whats important, dreams, achievements and happiness.  I just like the general idea of them:
FOUR:MODERN AND POST-MODERN GRAPHIC DESIGN//OUGD401:
Post-modernist art, this piece by Jamie Ried, Ive looked at the whole culture of seventies punk before though and thats really interested me, could be a possible idea.
FIVE: FAVOURITE DESIGNERS//MARK WEAVER/SCREEN PRINTING PROCESS
When doing the task about your favourite graphic designers I chose Mark Weaver, I really like his work and am intrigued by the screen printing process, its something I really want to try/do.

SIX:STREET ART/GRAFFITI LECTURE
I found this topic quite interesting and I think it could be interesting to explore and take further:
SEVEN:CONTEXT OF PRACTICE:CRITICAL STUDIES IMAGE ANALYSIS//OUGD401
I quite enjoyed writing a small analysis on the selected sources, I like history so I found it quite interesting:
EIGHT:WHY IS A CRIT A GOOD LEARNING TOOL? D.I.E.T
I found this to be helpful in understanding why a crit is a useful learning tool, and the diet technique which shows an effective way of evaluating a piece of work.
D - Describing - What is It?
I - Interpreting - What is it about?
E - Evaluating - How good is it?
T - Theorising - Does it solve the problem

NINE:FIVE IMAGES OF VISUAL COMMUNICATION ACCESSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN
I think its interesting to look at the graphic design/visual communication in the public eye, graphic design is everywhere, this would be something to look into more as its so broad.

TEN:CONTEXT OF PRACTICE:TASK TWO//AESTHETICS//OUGD401
I really like looking at aesthetically pleasing things, I think its important to appreciate things for the aesthetic quality as well as the meaning.  I liked.  I liked listing aesthetic qualities in design that are most important to me, and setting 5 targets/experiences that will help enhance my aesthetic experience of the world around me.





No comments:

Post a Comment