Wednesday 8 January 2014

COP3//PRACTICAL PLANNING//STATION PHOTOGRAPHY//OUGD601

PRACTICAL PLANNING
As I am designing to put on the exhibition I have been thinking of the best possible way to try and visually display my designs, bearing in mind the style of the London Underground but also how I can incorporate the style of the exhibition and show the specific area of design I want the exhibition to focus on.

As my first chapter looks at the influence William Morris's values had over Frank Pick I thought it would be visually fitting to use some of the interior tiles and mosaics the tube stations have.  Some of these tile designs are reminiscent of Morris' traditional style, especially Walthamstow centrals station. (Morris' birthplace)  I thought taking photographs of various signage and tiles could be used as visuals for the exhibitions promotional material.

RESEARCH INTO GOOD STATION DESIGN POINTS:

RUSSELL SQUARE
 EMBANKMENT

HYDE PARK CORNER
WALTHAMSTOW CENTRAL
COVENT GARDEN
PADDINGTON
REGENTS PARK
COCKFOSTERS
GANTS HILL

No comments:

Post a Comment